Download Rufus latest version. You want to install a new operating system on your system, and your system does not support CD/DVD (due to more than one reason)? There ways by following them you can use your USB and convert that USB to bootable USB, which you can directly start in DOS.
The application which we are going to provide you in here, the best application, it can easily create a bootable USB drive and by inserting that USB flash drive you would install the new operating system.
So, download RUFUS from the given download link, install it on your computer, have the DISC image of the operating system, and get a bootable USB drive within minutes to get your job done.
RUFUS is a small utility, very light, easy to use the tool, and can make your USB drive or SD card a bootable media.
Also Check: Driver Booster Latest Version
How to create a Bootable USB media using RUFUS?
Before going further in describing, how the things work, you need to know, the USB which you will use to create a bootable media will be formatted. So, if you have any important stuff there, copy that stuff to some other place.
- Download RUFUS from the given download link, as we have updated the link to the latest version
- Install this application on your system, the application can work with the following ISO files Arch Linux, Archbang, BartPE/ pebuilder, CentOS, Damn Small Linux, Fedora, FreeDOS, Gentoo, gNewSense, Hiren’s Boot CD, LiveXP, Knoppix, Kubuntu, Linux Mint, NT Password Registry Editor, OpenSUSE, Parted Magic, Slackware, Tails, Trinity Rescue Kit, Ubuntu, Ultimate Boot CD, Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8. And you can create bootable media for the mentioned operating system.
- RUFUS does not provide you an ISO file; it just creates the Bootable media by using provided ISO files. If you do not have an ISO file, first download that then you will get the job done.
- Connect the USB where you want to create bootable media, you should not change any settings, go with the default setting.
- Provide the location where you want to create Bootable media, in this case, our USB
- Now, give the ISO image, which you already have downloaded, just give the file location
- And the application wills pop-up to notify you that the USB will be formatted, go ahead and click on yes
- Now, within 7,8 minutes you will get bootable USB flash drive.
And you can use that USB bootable device to install an operating system to any computer you want.
Features of RUFUS:
RUFUS is freeware software, and you can use it without paying a single penny.
- Keep in mind; RUFUS only create bootable media by using ISO image files, not from a Disc.
- One of the best utility to create bootable USB drive with just a few clicks, it starts by clicking on the start button, and you get a converted USB bootable device.
- It supports all Major operating system, and you can create a bootable device for the mentioned OS
- RUFUS supports more than 50 languages; you can choose any language from the settings
- Lightly weighted software, easy to handle and easy to use
- You can create bootable media on a computer where no OS is installed
- You also can flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS by using that Software
- The application got an impressive interface, and you just need to tap on the ISO image to load the file.